Daily check in August 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Daily check in August 13, 2019

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning to all,

I got a text this morning asking if I could sub today at the school I have been working at. I had to pass because I need to attend a meeting at the school I will work at on Mondays. Iii worked yesterday and will work tomorrow and Friday so I need to sandwich these out until I get back I shape again.

*Sigh of relief* I found out that the person I thought I would be working for at the PM job took another position so is not returning. The person who was in charge before will be back. I'm not sure if I could handle working for him. I did not hear back so no news is good news. I just want to sub so I can safeguard my health. Working 2.5 hours every Monday to start should not b a problem. I will be going back to bowling and my TOPS group. Even if I am not able to lose much weight I can still get the support and information I need for healthy eating.

After my meeting I will relax and take it easy. Back to work tomorrow and Friday. I'm hoping they will be indoor recesses so I don't have to deal with excessive heat. The kids will hate it.

Off to get my day started.

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I cleared out one of the bigger raised beds.

I was still in my walking attire and thought, why not just get this done while i am still all stinky and sweaty.

It is out in the sun, but i don't mind. I hate to be afraid of being in the sun. What if the apocolypse hits and we are left without shelter or central air? I want to be ready@!!!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Slowly my hip is feeling a bit better. That is, it is not hurting as bad. The x-rays I had taken Friday showed inflammation/arthritis.

I have decided not to put batting in the T-shirt quilt. So I am ready to sew the top and backing together. Since I am working from home more, I have finally set up my standing desk in the office. This is working ok.

Have a great day,
Maggie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:15 am good morning all,

Did NOT sleep well, don't know why but I do know I had a very emotional day yesterday, tears flowing and I just could not stop. Better so far today.

We got some heavy sounding rain very early this morning, hoping it greens things up and settles the dust.

I need to make a trip to the Emmaus but so far not finding the mo-jo to do so. I also found a box of papers and junk in the garage that I want to go thru, from all appearances it is stuff from deceased brothers stuff.

I have a pile of mail that needs to go to the executor of the estate, will contact him for pick up today. I am sure a lot of it is junk but also some bills from dads hospital visit.

Sausage grillers, slaw ,salad and chips for supper tonight, last night was fish and chips. slowly getting the bits and pieces from the freezers.

Off to find my mo-jo and get going,
Have a good day all.
JCKitty
Boy...those emotional days will really get you. You just get through them.
My Mom has been gone three years and lately I have had a few rough days too. I just MISS HER!
Hugs.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:15 am good morning all,

Did NOT sleep well, don't know why but I do know I had a very emotional day yesterday, tears flowing and I just could not stop. Better so far today.

We got some heavy sounding rain very early this morning, hoping it greens things up and settles the dust.

I need to make a trip to the Emmaus but so far not finding the mo-jo to do so. I also found a box of papers and junk in the garage that I want to go thru, from all appearances it is stuff from deceased brothers stuff.

I have a pile of mail that needs to go to the executor of the estate, will contact him for pick up today. I am sure a lot of it is junk but also some bills from dads hospital visit.

Sausage grillers, slaw ,salad and chips for supper tonight, last night was fish and chips. slowly getting the bits and pieces from the freezers.

Off to find my mo-jo and get going,
Have a good day all.
JCKitty
Kitty sorry you had an emotional day. In the scheme of things it has not been that long since your Dad passed and he was a big part of your daily life. I know there are days when I would like to talk to my parents and they have been gone for years..Take care. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So sorry you had a bad day JCKitty.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/