Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by SandiSAHM »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:24 am Great job....on everything. Congrats on DD and almost 50%.
If it'd been a 30-day month I'd have done it! Soooo close! :lol:
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:47 am If it'd been a 30-day month I'd have done it! Soooo close! :lol:
You still did a great job. Life happens despite our best made plans.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

2 for 2!! 100% :lol:

I love the start of a new month.

I'm going to call the weekend, because I know what's planned, and say we'll be at 75% come Sunday night - 1 spend day (0% tax on back-to-school clothes in OK, it's usually "kids' shoes weekend" here), 3 no-spend.

The spend day will be a doozy, but what can you do :lol:
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Today, 4 out of 5. 80%

I have no desire to leave the house. Too HOT. I have to go out Friday briefly but I'm going to see if I can sit pat the rest of the week. DH will be at meetings with some folks from their facilities in Europe and India this week, it's nice they came here instead of him having to go to them, at least this way he has his whole team in one place at one time. They're going to 'team build' while bowling.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck on this month's challenge.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I've lost count. Which is fine because we bought furniture and while that may have been a one-time on one day purchase, I feel like I've impacted the whole month - nay, the whole QUARTER. Possibly most of the year. :?

I have spender's guilt. Always have, and I know why, when I was young a certain someone screamed at me about how the cost of child-rearing ruined their life, and since I was their only child, the obvious meaning behind that was that paying for my needs ruined their life, right. Hence, guilt, every time I buy something, regardless of the want vs. need of it. Even now, lo these 40+ years later, when it's my own $ and they know nothing about it.

Lesson: never say anything damaging to your kids, it lasts forever.

2nd lesson: call it a month and get over it already, furniture you can sit on that doesn't leave you limping is good. My lumbar is trying to fuse, 3 of the discs are all but gone. New seating FTW!