Daily Check in Aug 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 16, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
It's Friday!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Aug 16, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

Well, I think I figured out what was happening with my hip. I was trying to use a bolster pillow under my ankle to keep my foot from being extended when I lay so far on my side that I was more on my belly. I was trying to prevent aggravating my plantar fasciitis/weak ankle. I had ordered the pillow online, so I checked the delivery date and the timing is right. I won't be doing that anymore.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Humidity coming back for the weekend so it looks like A/C time again. Can't complain too much, we've had worse summers where the A/C has run 24 hours for a week or more at a time.

Laundry day today; in machine as we speak. Will be walking back to the laundry room shortly to put the towels and sheets in the dryer. Want to do some light cleaning in the kitchen this morning as they dry. Other than that, nothing else planned.

The eggplant was delicious; I have some leftover for today as well (it was a very small one). Should be finishing up the salads I made last week and able to make a fresh supply later today.

Only hope that my sister will have had enough conversation with me the last two days and give me some time to myself. She spent almost all morning on Wednesday on the phone and called about 8 times yesterday. And then she says she's not going to call me except for two times a week, yep.

Well have a wonderful day and weekend if I don't get back.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up, took my once a week pill, flubbing around on the computer, and wishing the time by so I can have my coffee.

Busy morning ahead as I want to get the zucchini grated, and the pickle juice at least ready to go before I leave for the funeral. I also need to get a few chores done as well. I am thinking I should have gotten up the first time I opened my eyes this morning, instead of burying my head under the blankets for a bit more sleep.

I am hoping that this afternoon I will be able to finish off some project sewing. Things really are adding up in that room and I need them done so I can move on to the next goal for the month. Seriously thinking that once the sewing projects are completed, I might just tackle the sugar bag tea towels that I inherited from Mom. The embroidery work could be my afternoon project and the sewing of the knitted squares my evening one.

I plan on sending a text at some point to youngest DS asking if he would like some veggies. I could surprise him with them too. I am just not too sure of how many cukes to take him, he is getting a bagful of banana peppers though as those plants are really loaded.

Supper tonight is going to be trout fillets along with coleslaw, raw veggies and dip, and probably some type of starch (thinking rice, but probably homemade fries).

Today I am grateful for cooler evenings and sunny days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is the calm before the storms. It is overcast but the current rain and storms are south and west of us. Late tonight in to tomorrow morning we will get some storms however late Saturday we will get the wicket storms. I am all set for whatever happens. So relieved that I have had my roof replaced and do not have to worry about leaks.

I have to work this week-end on paperwork to be re-certified for medicaid. It is not hard. Need to answer pages of questions and then get the correct paperwork in order and fax it next week. I only get medicaid as a supplement to medicare.. I am unable to get a medicare supplement due to ALS. As soon as I mention ALS the insurance reps all say.. sorry cannot help you. With the Dept on Aging paying for my in home care that money is allowed to go towards my Spend Down otherwise I would have to pay $932.00 out of pocket every month before Medicaid would kick in. If I could afford $932.00 out of pocket each month I would not need medicaid.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Sunny right now, though there's a chance of rain this afternoon.

Awakened much too early by Big Boy throwing up ... got that taken care of, but couldn't get back to sleep for a while.

Busy day yesterday with people coming and going. Chimney sweep got the fireplace cleaned out ... turns out that it needs a piece replaced and the chinmey cap should be painted ... so more house expenses.

Today, have a bunch of little things to do ... started some of it, but can't decide what I want to do next. (Maybe I should consider the thing I need to do outside ... before it starts to rain, eh?)

Already have veggies prepped for dinner tonight ... we had to make a cat litter run to the farm store last night, so decided to stop and eat on the way.