Daily Check-in August 18, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in August 18, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

I sort of slept okay, but every time i woke up, i thought about a conversation i had with a sibling

She can be a strange bird. Very set in her ways. I can see it being even more pronounces in her son and grandson. So its genetic.

She just makes me angry because she will not open her mind to other ideas or suggestions. And her preoccupation with money - she has plenty, but maybe her meds or something is making her quirky. Or maybe onset of Alzheimers. It runs in the family. I will just have to stop discussing family matters with her.

Did go out to eat last night and it just wasn't any good. I think it will have to be my last time at that place. I hadn't been in a few weeks and the food was yucky.

Hope i have a better day. Think i might have to go walk a few miles. Will make me feel better.

Have a great day.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hello,

I need sometime to play catch up with some threads but some look DEF worth a look ;)

Jackie, re BREXIT , personally I do not see this as a disaster, BUT I do see that some people would think it worth their while to create a disaster then stand back and say........" Ya see ???? YA SEE ??? "

I also forsee A Very British Coup..........this week they were touting around for a politician who could lead a Governement of National Unity. Corbyn a bit gutted ;) to realise no one wanted HIM, thankyouverymuch.

I am keeping calm and carrying on...........

In GOOD NEWS we have enough food from the allotment to feed an army, several armies providing they like courgettes ( zucchinis ) DH has reached the " who gave we give this stuff too ????" level. I am thinking about turning vegetarian until we get this glut under control ( say April next year )

Today, I could have wept when DH rocked up with beef tomatoes, very small parsnips, a ton of potatoes, blackberries and raspberries. ( I got in yesterday so I asked foolishly.....no beans ???) And DH has directed me to the garage where YESTERDAYS bounty of French, beans, runner beans, zzucchini await me.

I am off visiting the elderly later bearing veggies whether they want them or not. " For YOU, Sister Smith ! Fresh, organic, veggies !!!!"

WE got in and had both DDs and families visit and had a lovely roast lamb dinner, delicious.

In BAD NEWS Ds is not in a good place in any way shape or form. Too much to detail and not asking for feedback here. He is here another week and a great many appointments will be made. And I wouldn't cross me if I were those at the other end of the phone..................... :evil: :evil:

Finished seven large loads of washing..........luckily its breezy so easy to dry as the tumble dryer has yet to be replaced. A TON O IRONING awaits me whilst watching The Handmaids Tale tonight.

I also arrived with a lot of lists, one was Fun Ideas and they were holiday options, we have already booked 2, one out of the country ( that for the new year ) and the other in September. Bliss !

Financially all is well, car is half full of petrol and my purse is full 'o cash,

Beach was wonderful, other things weren't but it is what it is. I am EXHAUSTED.

Tomorrow cinema again. today we saw Toy Story 4 which is HORRIBLE, two children left crying, who wrote that script ???? Tomorrrow The PLAYMOBIL MOVIE which hopefully is better. FREE for me, so AMEN to that.

Dinner tonight is veggie frittata ( I know , you are stunned ) and fresh raspberries is either cream or ice cream. DS will eat cake made by DD.

Another pleasant moment re our holibobs was a Cheese Stall at a country market...........cheddar with horseradish, cheddar with chilli and apple and cheddar with ( Ya Know You want This Colonialgirl ) MARMITE. Oh my gosh , all were AMAZING....£8 for the 3 and well spent, indeed. I had two meals consisting of zuchhini when I was down there ( shows dedication )

There will be zucchini in the frittata, naturally..............

Off to force veg on Old People, and that is not a figure of speech.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...
Did get some rain yesterday, and I think a bit overnight, Hot, though. The poor impatiens I transplanted are droopy, though they'll perk up with a bit of water.

Rinty, you made me laugh about forcing vegetables on Old People. I've been foisting cucumbers on folks this week. Seems to be slowing down, thank heavens. But tomatoes ... I literally have no room in the freezer for them. Something with fresh tomatoes is on this week's meal plan.

Let's see ... spent part of the day unclogging the hose on the dehumdifier. Hopefully, it will drain into the sump pit now, so I don't have to empty the bucket.

The front door frame is painted, hooray!

Anyway, off to see what else I can accomplish .... and (((hugs))) to Janet and Rinty.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:28 am Hello,

I need sometime to play catch up with some threads but some look DEF worth a look ;)

Jackie, re BREXIT , personally I do not see this as a disaster, BUT I do see that some people would think it worth their while to create a disaster then stand back and say........" Ya see ???? YA SEE ??? "

I also forsee A Very British Coup..........this week they were touting around for a politician who could lead a Governement of National Unity. Corbyn a bit gutted ;) to realise no one wanted HIM, thankyouverymuch.

I am keeping calm and carrying on...........

In GOOD NEWS we have enough food from the allotment to feed an army, several armies providing they like courgettes ( zucchinis ) DH has reached the " who gave we give this stuff too ????" level. I am thinking about turning vegetarian until we get this glut under control ( say April next year )

Today, I could have wept when DH rocked up with beef tomatoes, very small parsnips, a ton of potatoes, blackberries and raspberries. ( I got in yesterday so I asked foolishly.....no beans ???) And DH has directed me to the garage where YESTERDAYS bounty of French, beans, runner beans, zzucchini await me.

I am off visiting the elderly later bearing veggies whether they want them or not. " For YOU, Sister Smith ! Fresh, organic, veggies !!!!"

WE got in and had both DDs and families visit and had a lovely roast lamb dinner, delicious.

In BAD NEWS Ds is not in a good place in any way shape or form. Too much to detail and not asking for feedback here. He is here another week and a great many appointments will be made. And I wouldn't cross me if I were those at the other end of the phone..................... :evil: :evil:

Finished seven large loads of washing..........luckily its breezy so easy to dry as the tumble dryer has yet to be replaced. A TON O IRONING awaits me whilst watching The Handmaids Tale tonight.

I also arrived with a lot of lists, one was Fun Ideas and they were holiday options, we have already booked 2, one out of the country ( that for the new year ) and the other in September. Bliss !

Financially all is well, car is half full of petrol and my purse is full 'o cash,

Beach was wonderful, other things weren't but it is what it is. I am EXHAUSTED.

Tomorrow cinema again. today we saw Toy Story 4 which is HORRIBLE, two children left crying, who wrote that script ???? Tomorrrow The PLAYMOBIL MOVIE which hopefully is better. FREE for me, so AMEN to that.

Dinner tonight is veggie frittata ( I know , you are stunned ) and fresh raspberries is either cream or ice cream. DS will eat cake made by DD.

Another pleasant moment re our holibobs was a Cheese Stall at a country market...........cheddar with horseradish, cheddar with chilli and apple and cheddar with ( Ya Know You want This Colonialgirl ) MARMITE. Oh my gosh , all were AMAZING....£8 for the 3 and well spent, indeed. I had two meals consisting of zuchhini when I was down there ( shows dedication )

There will be zucchini in the frittata, naturally..............

Off to force veg on Old People, and that is not a figure of speech.
Rinty good to hear your garden overflowith..I am hoping next year to achieve a similar problem. When I worked at a hospital my boss use to bring fresh produce in from her Father's garden and we had a table set up and would tell the patients to help themselves.. Usually everyone would take something. Is there a place where you could take the excess to like a homeless shelter?

Yum on the variety of cheeses you were able to buy.. I wish I lived close enough to get good quality cheese like you can buy in the UK as well as the continent.

So sorry you are having problems with your DS's situation. No words of wisdom but sending a ((hug)) and good thoughts for a solution.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:39 pm Good afternoon ...
Did get some rain yesterday, and I think a bit overnight, Hot, though. The poor impatiens I transplanted are droopy, though they'll perk up with a bit of water.

Rinty, you made me laugh about forcing vegetables on Old People. I've been foisting cucumbers on folks this week. Seems to be slowing down, thank heavens. But tomatoes ... I literally have no room in the freezer for them. Something with fresh tomatoes is on this week's meal plan.

Let's see ... spent part of the day unclogging the hose on the dehumdifier. Hopefully, it will drain into the sump pit now, so I don't have to empty the bucket.

The front door frame is painted, hooray!

Anyway, off to see what else I can accomplish .... and (((hugs))) to Janet and Rinty.
Wolf thanks for the hug. I did manage to go to sleep for a few hours, early morning, but could use a lot more.
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

Home safe and sound once more and I will catch everyone up on what all has happened to me in the past 2 weeks when I get a chance. You want say my life isn't exciting to say the least.

Looks like everyone is doing great. Rinty my heart goes out to you.