Daily Check In August 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check In August 19, 2019

Post by colonialgirl »

Late tonight again. Happy Monday frugals!

Not much accomplished today but phone calls and errands. Our kitchen tv shot craps & since it is about 8 years old, we went to look for a new one. Got one for $114.00 at Sams. I cannot believe how cheap tvs are. We bought our first 19 inch tv in 1975, one year after we got married. We were so proud we had finally saved enough to have tv. It cost $549.00. Just for giggles I looked it up on the inflation calculator - that would be a little of $2600 today. That is banana pants crazy.

Of course, we are such dimwits with technology, that we can't get it to connect to direct tv - even though we had one connected in the same spot. AARRGH. Think we are going to 86 the direct tv and go back to cable - they are in a dispute and we have no CBS or Fox affiliates. I do watch shows on Fox (not the news, The Resident) for example. And we pay way too much money to not have major stations. So looks like Larry, Darryl and Darryl's cable - here we come again. I am checking tomorrow and I may be able to get a deal by bundling internet, phone and tv. We will see. If so - they can hook up the tv when they install the cable again. I wish one of you tech whizzes lived near me - I'd hire you to hook it up.

Set up an appointment to see the one story house tomorrow. I go between excitement and dread. I love my home and never want to leave it -but I have to be able to carry laundry to the bedroom. Getting old blows.

Sleep well any night owls & a frugal Tuesday to all.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check In August 19, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:30 am Good morning. It is going to be a scorcher here today. I am not really feeling well so moving slowly but need to get ready to take Teddi for his grooming appointment. I was going to take him for and allergy shot before hand but think I will have to cancel it and reschedule for later in the week.

Heard from my insurance company about the leak in the ceiling. They will cover the cost of the repair as well as pay for the entire ceiling to be painted. This is wonderful since the room is a Great Room combination of living room and dining room with vaulted ceilings.. I have been wanting to have it painted and this will save me a lot of money.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
I am So Happy for you that your insurance company will cover these costs for you!! A true blessing!