Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:50 am Janet, I really enjoy my instant pot. One thing to remember is that any meat must be thoroughly thawed, and browned before cooking in the pot. One great thing is that you can sear the meat right in the pot.
Thanks for telling me this. I was under the impression you could throw the meat in frozen. There are a ton of recipes on line and I bought a book from HSN since they were demonstrating recipes that could be used in the pot. Katieowl bought one too. We had not even discussed it and bought one almost on the same day. She posted pictures of the yogurt that she made in it and she is singing its praises too.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:00 am I sure do relate to the standing for cooking and washing dishes. I don't get dizzy. My knee just starts hurting. Hope the pot works out for you. Everyone seems to like it a lot.
I do not get dizzy I just fall over....lol. A balance problem due to my neurological disease. As long as I am moving I seem to do better but standing in one spot is more difficult.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:24 am Thanks for telling me this. I was under the impression you could throw the meat in frozen. There are a ton of recipes on line and I bought a book from HSN since they were demonstrating recipes that could be used in the pot. Katieowl bought one too. We had not even discussed it and bought one almost on the same day. She posted pictures of the yogurt that she made in it and she is singing its praises too.
You can throw frozen meat in but it takes a bit longer(in some cases a great deal longer) to cook. It also would not have that nice browning on the outside if you didn't sear the meat first.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:01 pm You can throw frozen meat in but it takes a bit longer(in some cases a great deal longer) to cook. It also would not have that nice browning on the outside if you didn't sear the meat first.
Jackie Ok thanks for clarifying that for me.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am torn between doing some shopping for some really great loss leaders or using up what I have on hand. That is always a problem. I did make $4.30 today doing surveys and I have $3.00 from Pine Cone from another time...sooo..decisions, decisions. I am eating leftovers for now but I do need to get more creative making things in the protein department.

Not much going on here other than doing some Fall house cleaning but I get really tired fast. I do have an aide to help but she also has restrictions on what she can do. They are restricted to light housekeeping, shopping, taking me to Dr appointments. However having her doing those things does help me to save my energy for doing the things that I need and want to do.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I wish you energy, Janet. I am starting a 6 point program that included making sure you do something for yourself each day. Make sure you do something nice for yourself today.