Daily check in October 15, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in October 15, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in October 15, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Tuesday morning all,

Another lovely day in Florida. I took Janet's advice and stayed off my re-injured leg yesterday. It feels great this morning, so I will go walking and do yard work later in the day.

I am glad yesterday's bad mood is gone. It was a bummer. I made the air arrangements for a holiday visit to Houston. After old dance partner got sick and we had to cancel the trip plans, I told him he owed me a dinner and a dance. So a fancy New Years Eve with dinner. The last big one in Houston most likely. The winters are too cold for me.

The electric company tree trimmers are finished trimming on my street. I hope. The power lines are safe for years to come. It was greatly needed. But I am glad the noise of chain saws are gone.

Today, I am grateful for the cool weather. Have a good day everyone.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Saw DDIL posted on Facebook that the little boys filled the furnace return pipe with rocks and then the furnace would not kick on. I guess it is a charge of $250 to fix. Too bad they don't know anyone who knows anything about HVAC.

Tonight I will meet my 2 girlfriends for dinner. Looking forward to it. I did place a phone call to the Deacon to work on the annulment paperwork again. Left a message. Waiting to heard back. I really dislike making phone calls.

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is chilly and overcast with rain later on. I have to go for my weekly B-12 shot and a mammogram. It is a 50 mile round trip. At least the mammogram and the Drs visit are in the same building and just across the lobby from each other. I plan on stopping at several stores on the way home then settle down with the lovely sound of rain pitter patting on my roof and windows.

My brother sold his farm. It is a private sale. The realtor did not have one person interested in it so it was off of the market. My brother had called another farmer to see if he would be interested in buying some of the land separately from the house. He had previously called my brother to rent some land for his cattle. No he was not interested in buying but his brother called and he has decided to buy the whole farm.. A young family with 4 children.. I am happy for everyone. My brother has known the family for years when the current new farmers were little. So another generation takes over.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:04 am Good Tuesday morning all,

Another lovely day in Florida. I took Janet's advice and stayed off my re-injured leg yesterday. It feels great this morning, so I will go walking and do yard work later in the day.

I am glad yesterday's bad mood is gone. It was a bummer. I made the air arrangements for a holiday visit to Houston. After old dance partner got sick and we had to cancel the trip plans, I told him he owed me a dinner and a dance. So a fancy New Years Eve with dinner. The last big one in Houston most likely. The winters are too cold for me.

The electric company tree trimmers are finished trimming on my street. I hope. The power lines are safe for years to come. It was greatly needed. But I am glad the noise of chain saws are gone.

Today, I am grateful for the cool weather. Have a good day everyone.
Dg glad your knee is improved and that your mood has improved. Hope your friend will be up to dancing when you go to Houston. At least a nice dinner out and a holiday away from being a caregiver will be a nice change for you.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Seems as if we got some rain at some point overnight. I am really hoping that when the big winter freeze up happens there will not be ice under that first big snowfall of the season. That just makes driving all winter very miserable.

Both the DS's made it home safely yesterday. I got the last phone call 9 hours after eldest DS left in the morning. He said he hit a bit of rain on the way west, but the roads were good.

Today I plan on getting a bit more cleaned up in the sewing room and perhaps getting an item started. Lots to try and accomplish this week, but as I have done from the beginning I am doing one step at a time and seem to be accomplishing much more.

Since I have started to do my shopping on Wednesdays now (at least until the Bible Study is over) I need to pour through the fliers at some point today and do a bit of going through the cupboards as well.

The rest of the day will be the usual Tuesday chore list without the addition of a trip to the library. I plan on doing that on Thursday when I run my errands.

Frugally speaking it will be another no spend day. I hope to get out for even a short walk outside at some point today, making my list for groceries using the fliers and coupons where possible, and going through my dish towel drawer to pull out those cloths that are no longer nice and moving them to the rag bag (putting my new tea towels in the drawer to take their place).

I am also hoping to find a few more items to leave the house come the cleaning of the sewing/craft room and hopefully the cleaning of the closet in the room youngest DS uses when he is at home. I have kind of fallen by the wayside with the decluttering. I have a way to go before I manage to hit or exceed my goal. Mind you we sent the DS's home with 6 items that belong to them, and I know there are many more. Just can't overwhelm them with "things" at one time.

Supper tonight will consist of turkey leftovers. Making a casserole that the leftovers of it can be used on Thursday night as a quick throw in the oven meal before the Bible Study. I will be serving our meal tonight with the leftover salad.

Today I am grateful that both our sons made it home safely.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/