Daily Check-in October 26, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in October 26, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I guess it is time to get up. I got a whole 3 hours of sleep and cannot get back to sleep so may as well get things started. It is suppose to rain all day today with temps in the mid 40's. I love days like this.
I have a lot of food in the house so it will be a good day to cook and maybe bake something.
Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in October 26, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

I have a cold, probably caught from my Starbucks friend. When I visited mom’s neighbor’s mother I had had a scratchy throat the night before so did not hug her. Still kept the visit because I didn’t want to disappoint her. Now I’m praying so hard that she doesn’t get sick and feel so, so guilty. Stupid, stupid me. Maybe I really am the horrible person DGFlorida thinks I am.

Will text my friend that I won’t meet her for coffee. I will go to mom’s house to see if the flag pole painting is OK and then to the library with my dvds.

I printed a sock pattern from Ravelry and will check my yarn stash to see what I have to make them. It’s been a long time since I knit on double-pointed needles. Looking forward to it. I need to do something to get myself out of a funk.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:41 am I have a cold, probably caught from my Starbucks friend. When I visited mom’s neighbor’s mother I had had a scratchy throat the night before so did not hug her. Still kept the visit because I didn’t want to disappoint her. Now I’m praying so hard that she doesn’t get sick and feel so, so guilty. Stupid, stupid me. Maybe I really am the horrible person DGFlorida thinks I am.

Will text my friend that I won’t meet her for coffee. I will go to mom’s house to see if the flag pole painting is OK and then to the library with my dvds.

I printed a sock pattern from Ravelry and will check my yarn stash to see what I have to make them. It’s been a long time since I knit on double-pointed needles. Looking forward to it. I need to do something to get myself out of a funk.
You definitely are not a horrible person. Hope the cold leaves as quickly as it came.

If you find you can't use the double pointed needles, I can lead you to a pattern for socks that is knitted flat and still looks like a sock (I don't mean a tube sock either).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Oops brushed across the mouse pad on the laptop and my post disappeared. Starting again.

I have been up for awhile as the wind is howling around the roof top and I am wondering if I will walk outside or on the treadmill today. I will wait and see if the wind dies down a bit as it is still really early in the morning here.

I did finish hemming the pants and the skirt I made over the last couple of days. Now they just need washing (always wash things after I have sewn them just to get rid of any dust or dirt) and a pressing.

Frugally speaking this will be a no spend day. I plan on transferring the markings to both the pattern for my top (darts only I believe) and the dress pattern. Then starting to sew. I picked up the fabric for the top many years ago from either a garage sale or the church rummage sale. The dress fabric was bought at around the same time but from a fabric store here in town.

I am looking forward to being able to cut out Hubby's pj bottoms and BBQ apron very soon (hopefully Sunday afternoon or early evening). Once those are sewn and the vest completely knitted I will be finished Christmas gifts (unless of course I add to my projects...thinking there just could be a little something else, just not sure what).

Other than the sewing and knitting to keep me out of trouble I will be sending in my grocery/shopping scan for points, doing a bit of extra cleaning, waiting for a call from my brother at some point in the afternoon, and practicing my reading for the Anglican Eucharistic service this Sunday. Just enough to do.

I also have a feeling my friend will be calling me to come over for coffee at some point this morning. It would be a good thing as I want to ask her if she would lend a hand delivering Meals on Wheels with me on Tuesday. I do know her Dad is being re-assessed on that day by HomeCare so timing will play a part in whether she can or not.

So looking forward to having our new carpet on Tuesday, and I have a feeling the new furniture will be arriving very soon after. I want to look at accent chairs after, my recliner is getting very worn (what is it with furniture fabric and wearing) and is not reclining the way it should. Time for something new and something that will last!

I am continuing to use up things from the fridge freezer. Today is soup and sandwiches so I will be pulling out one of the containers of bone broth and making a large pot of perhaps a veggie soup of some kind. We also have some items in the fridge itself to use up for lunches. As I have said previously I have let things get away from me once again.

Today I am grateful that my house should be back to normal by the end of next week.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

Janet, sorry you didn't get much sleep. We have the same weather today, lots of rain.

Florida, sorry you're feeling poorly. I had to go look up double-pointed needles ... I've seen them, but had no idea what they were about.

Talked myself out of going to the used bookstore yesterday. Instead, I baked a batch of blackberry muffins (which got a package of berries out of the freezer).

Need to sort things out in the fridge so I can do some meal planning, and move some of those leftovers into work lunches for DH. We've had more food waste lately, mainly because things were pushed to the back of the fridge/freezer.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:41 am I have a cold, probably caught from my Starbucks friend. When I visited mom’s neighbor’s mother I had had a scratchy throat the night before so did not hug her. Still kept the visit because I didn’t want to disappoint her. Now I’m praying so hard that she doesn’t get sick and feel so, so guilty. Stupid, stupid me. Maybe I really am the horrible person DGFlorida thinks I am.

Vastly differing political opinions does not mean you think you are horrible persons. At least I don't. Shake off that horrible trail of thinking. That is part of what is wrong these days.