Daily Check-in October 26, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: Daily Check-in October 26, 2019

Post by SandiSAHM »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:19 am Dg it seems funny to hear all of your plants and veggies are starting to come in to their own and those of us up north are seeing everything closing down for the fall and winter. Enjoy your garden flowers they sound lovely and your veggies when they start to produce bigger.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing - we're tearing it all out for the winter and sewing the short fall/winter stuff (beets, spinach)... and I'm not even that far north. Amazing.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I've been trying to relax all afternoon.

It is nice and sunny out there. Just finished sitting out there in the sun. It is so funny how I dread the warmer weather but love it when the cold weather starts.

And was also trying to warm up my body.

My left shoulder and left side/torso are still sore from the fall i took on Monday.

My knee looks awful but isn't painful at all. I did hit the ground hard on the left side. I remember it tooks weeks for my twisted knee to feel better after the other time i fell.

Gee this getting old and falling is for the birds.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hello, frugal ones. We had two days of solid downpouring rain and high wind. It's just gray and occasionally drizzly today. It's cold enough that I bought a carton of broth for homemade soup.

I used some store coupons this week to get thank you cards, a chocolate bar, canned mixed nuts, some OTC meds, diapers and wipes either free or deeply discounted from CVS. Also did my weekly run by the Salvation Army and scored a sweatshirt, one of those drawstring backpack bags, and heavy winter gloves for my homeless shelter buddy, and some cold weather clothes for my single mom friend's baby and little boy.

I would like to crochet a cap and scarf for my buddy, if I get enough time off to do it. Got the yarn, just need the time.

Grocery shopping was also frugal today, as we spent $68 for a week of shopping, which included $6 in cleaning supplies. I had no coupons, but did well on buy one, get one deals on things like cheese and canned fruit.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:39 pm Hello, frugal ones. We had two days of solid downpouring rain and high wind. It's just gray and occasionally drizzly today. It's cold enough that I bought a carton of broth for homemade soup.

I used some store coupons this week to get thank you cards, a chocolate bar, canned mixed nuts, some OTC meds, diapers and wipes either free or deeply discounted from CVS. Also did my weekly run by the Salvation Army and scored a sweatshirt, one of those drawstring backpack bags, and heavy winter gloves for my homeless shelter buddy, and some cold weather clothes for my single mom friend's baby and little boy.

I would like to crochet a cap and scarf for my buddy, if I get enough time off to do it. Got the yarn, just need the time.

Grocery shopping was also frugal today, as we spent $68 for a week of shopping, which included $6 in cleaning supplies. I had no coupons, but did well on buy one, get one deals on things like cheese and canned fruit.
Mackie you are such a sweetheart and good friend to the people whom you have friended from your job at the church. Glad you are still able to help them. I know things must be tight since you are not working and yet you continue to be a blessing to them.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:56 pm I've been trying to relax all afternoon.

It is nice and sunny out there. Just finished sitting out there in the sun. It is so funny how I dread the warmer weather but love it when the cold weather starts.

And was also trying to warm up my body.

My left shoulder and left side/torso are still sore from the fall i took on Monday.

My knee looks awful but isn't painful at all. I did hit the ground hard on the left side. I remember it tooks weeks for my twisted knee to feel better after the other time i fell.

Gee this getting old and falling is for the birds.
Clem sorry you are still having pain from your fall. Hope you are feeling better soon. Gentle ((hug)).

You are not old you are still a young lady. When you get closer to my age, almost 75, then you can complain about getting old..lol.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Windy and overcast still. In fact I think the gusts could be reaching 60km a hour. Not fit to do much of anything outside today.

I did finish the top and once I get the sewing/craft room cleaned up again I will be threading the machine for the last cut out pattern. Hopefully that will be finished as quickly as everything else. It is amazing how much of a mess I can make of that room when I am sewing.

Big pot of soup on the stove, meaning more leftovers from the fridge freezer are being used up.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/