Daily Check in Nov 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Nov 11, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Thanks to all our Veterans!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Nov 11, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello,
Surprised to not see a post started. It is a bit late. I have caught up on my work email after being off last week. I even did some mandatory annual security training. Now listening to a conference call.

I am still taking it easy on my foot/ankle today, so sitting in the Living room with both work and personal machines.

I have my support group meeting tonight. I hope to be able to stop by DS1's for hugs and kisses from the boys.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Thank you to all those who have served and those that continue to serve. Thank you to those who came back and those who lie in foreign soil.

The sacrifices you made and are still making are greatly appreciated.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Once again I slept in on a day when I really don't want to sleep in. This could just be my new normal now.

It is pretty cold outside right now, and the next couple of days are supposed to be this cold if not colder. However come the end of the week the temperature is supposed to rise above freezing. Strangest weather we have ever had.

Youngest DS called last night and it was nice catching up with him. He sounds very happy and contented right now. I always worry he is on a downward spiral when we don't hear from him for awhile (it had been almost 3 weeks since he phoned). He had put in for holidays over Christmas awhile ago but has not heard anything as of yet. He says he will check in a week or so with his boss to see what is happening. Sure hope he gets them as it is nice to have him home for that week.

Frugal happenings around here are the usual Monday such. Laundry will be washed in cold water where possible, always rinsed in cold water no matter what. I will hang as many loads as I can on the lines downstairs.

Using up all the bits and bobs of cleaners still, but my goodness how the under sink area is becoming nice and tidy as duplicate cleaners are used and emptied. Looking forward to making some of my own.

All meals will be made at home out of items on hand. We have more than enough food to last us a good long while.

I will be using my treadmill this morning for my daily walk. I took a short walk yesterday and it is just too icy out right now to walk for any distance or at any speed.

Usual household chores to be accomplished, and then I can play with my sewing machine. I decided not to put pockets in this dress and instead just sew the side seams right up. The sleeves are pretty complicated (made out of two pieces one is a kind of lining) so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get those in today as well. That would leave the neck facing and the hem until tomorrow.

Supper tonight is going to be a bag of leftover roast beef I found in the fridge freezer. No beef roasts left so I did up chicken breasts last night.

Today I am grateful that my uncles, my great grandfather and great uncle all served to keep us free.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:42 am Thank you to all those who have served and those that continue to serve. Thank you to those who came back and those who lie in foreign soil.

The sacrifices you made and are still making are greatly appreciated.
Well said Jackie.. You said everything I was thinking and feeling.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Thanks Clem and others who have served. Thank you for your service. I know it was not easy and appreciate what you did to keep us free and safe.

Good morning. We are expecting rain and snow.Yesterday it was (66 F) (18.8 C) and currently it is (36 F) ( 2 C) with a wind chill of (26 F) ( -3 C). As they say if you do not like the weather in St. Louis stick around a while and it will change. Sometimes we get seasonal changes, all 4 in a single day. Not much planned except puttering in the kitchen. I like to bake when is is snowy outside. The problem is my various ovens do not work or are limited in the size of what I can bake.. ie only 6 muffins at a time in my small toaster/convection oven. Oh well not much of anything else to do.

Gayle sending prayers and hugs.

Rinty hope you are feeling better.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Janet Alliesmama