Anyone else’s stores having tp shortage again?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Anyone else’s stores having tp shortage again?

Post by Jackielou »

We are still seeing shortages of yeast, flour, sugar and other baking supplies. Hand sanitizer is showing up once again and I buy a container each time I shop. Wipes and Lysol spray type things are hit and miss so I pick them up when I see them.

Lots of paper towels and toilet paper here. I need to go shopping tomorrow so will know more of what is missing on shelves then.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:24 am We are still seeing shortages of yeast, flour, sugar and other baking supplies. Hand sanitizer is showing up once again and I buy a container each time I shop. Wipes and Lysol spray type things are hit and miss so I pick them up when I see them.

Lots of paper towels and toilet paper here. I need to go shopping tomorrow so will know more of what is missing on shelves then.
Oh dh said there wasn't flour on the shelves either, and sugar was low. Something about jam being gone, and all the frozen dinners & vegetables (older teens got me exactly what was on my list, so either there was a run on Frozen vegetables that day, or he just meant the kind that he was looking for).
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

There has been no toilet paper shortage here - in fact the Canadian brands have been on sale. Plenty of hand sanitizer too. I still can't order Lysol wipes from either Walmart or Superstore pick up but still have Lysol disinfecting all purpose cleaner to use at home anyway as well as about half a package of wipes. Jackie I haven 't noticed a shortage of baking goods here either - can readily find flour, yeast and sugar. Things have pretty much returned to normal but I do find the prices are higher.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:25 am There has been no toilet paper shortage here - in fact the Canadian brands have been on sale. Plenty of hand sanitizer too. I still can't order Lysol wipes from either Walmart or Superstore pick up but still have Lysol disinfecting all purpose cleaner to use at home anyway as well as about half a package of wipes. Jackie I haven 't noticed a shortage of baking goods here either - can readily find flour, yeast and sugar. Things have pretty much returned to normal but I do find the prices are higher.
Yeast is really short. It disappears from the shelves as soon as it reaches them. The stores are still limiting purchases on that here. I heard there was finally powdered milk to be had and as I want to start using that for baking (and making my sweetened condensed milk again) I hope to pick some up this week.

Prices are definitely rising.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

our only issues seem to be wipes and sometimes towels.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

TP is available but they limit amounts you can buy.
Sugar and AP flour limited, yeast in short supply.
Baking powder unavailable at my Aldis. Haven't seen wipes in months and Lysol is not available.
I "heard" bleach was becoming hard to get.
Next up for my stockpile is laundry detergent, bleach, and vinegar. I use a lot of vinegar. I also need corn starch
I want to find some cream of tarter as you can formulate your own baking powder with it and baking soda.

While i love the idea of my stockpile, I hate this particular reason for it.

JCKitty