Daily Check in August 2, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check in August 2, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have a cool morning with light fog. The sun is starting to shine so the fog will burn off quickly. However expecting rain and storms off and on today. The only good thing about the frequent rain and storms is that they have brought in cooler temperatures which is great for August.

Clem I agree the moon was so beautiful last night.

Today I plan on cooking ahead. Not sure yet what but need to get a handle on having food in the freezer instead of using up my energy every day cooking for that day.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check in August 2, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning.

It's going to be a muggy day in the low 80s with scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. Having gone through a period of almost 2 weeks without rain a few weeks ago, a day of rain here or there is needed.

I see that my downstairs neighbor is already out. Went down for my newspaper but it isn't here yet not that that's a problem. I can always read it online.

Feeling a little blah today but now I'll pull myself out of it. I dread reading the news these days but it unfortunately has become a necessary evil.

Nothing really planned for today so it will be another whatever happens happens kind of a day.

Tonight I will have hot sausage, buttered noodles and a vegetable.

Yesterday was Girlfriend Friendship Day and today has been designated as "National Friendship Day" proclaimed by Congress in 1935 as the first Sunday in August. It is good to know that Friendship Day is celebrated by several countries around the world. In 1997, the United Nations named Winnie the Pooh as the world's Ambassador of Friendship. It is a day to nurture relationships, new and old.

Have a wonderful day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Nice sunny morning. Cool outside also. From what I felt as I let the pups out.

didn't walk today. Sunday is our day off.

And I need it. Went overboard yesterday in yardwork. My arms and back are sore. Body check engine light is on bright! LOL. After I eat,I will probably take a Tylenol or something. My hands hurt too - pulling up thick weeds.

Need to organize my TP and Ptowel stash. The COD keeps buying more

I am craving shrimp and will make that for an early dinner

Hope all have a great day
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends and Happy Friendship Day!

I slept in a bit this morning. Yesterday Pippi was munching on her dry food throughout the day so I got the idea to put a small bowl of it in the bedroom. I heard her eating several times in the night. She didn’t wake me up at 4-5 a.m. for her breakfast. She didn’t eat great yesterday so hopefully today will be better.

No sign of what is now Tropical Storm Isaias. It is bright and sunny, no wind. Last I read it was expected to come ashore in northern Palm Beach County but only as a tropical storm.

I’m not sure what I’ll do today. I may make a brief run to Publix.

Stay safe.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It looks to be another sunny, reasonably warm day here on the old homestead. My neighbours apples are ripening quickly so I should be getting some of them pretty soon. Hubby is looking forward to the bag of plums we usually receive as well.

Garden harvesting will be going on today. I will be walking up to buy a small cream and making new potatoes and cream for supper tonight as it is that time of year. As the beans are appearing after a very long wait. I will be out picking those as well. The back side of the teepee structure is right close to the fence so it will be a tight squeeze to get into that area.

Other happenings here will be to make my lists, do some baking for next week, and try and make friends with youngest DS's cat. That cat hates me, or if not hates dislikes me intensely. But right now I feel so sorry for her, she is hiding under the bed in DS's room and will only come out to glance down the hallways, or when DS sits on the floor and coaxes her out of hiding. She does sneak out to use the litter once in awhile and has eaten a bit of dry food. I think she might be stressed out.

I will be taking a walk at some point this morning as I need to get my steps back up and my time a bit closer to the goal time I have set myself. I do feel better after a nice walk outside.

Years ago there was a chokecherry tree growing wild at the end of our street in a little patch of trees. At one point about 5 years ago a larger branch from one of the trees fell and crushed the poor little tree. Yesterday when I was walking I noticed a bit of colour in the patch. Walked over for a closer look and saw that the little tree has turned into more of a bush and is producing once again. I think that in a couple of years I will be able to forage that bush once again for jelly making!!!

I still have to do the budget entries as well, but will wait until DS heads home tomorrow or if I get a quiet bit today I could get part of it completed.

Spent a great deal of the afternoon yesterday, sitting on the deck and enjoying visiting with DS. He has taken next week off (already has Monday off as a holiday and Friday as his EDO) and will be working on a few things in his apartment. He is going to be putting together a closet organizer, and cleaning out his pantry at the end of the kitchen. Right now said pantry is full of cans and bottles so he will be taking those in to the recycling place over the next few weeks or days. I guess my organizing and cleaning is giving him the impetus to continue with that. Wish it would give me a push towards getting my closet paired down a bit. I really do not need all those clothing items that are in there as I doubt very much I will ever be heading back in to work.

Supper this evening will be Roast chicken. I will more than likely use the electric roaster. I usually roast my veggies but this time as stated previously I will make creamed potatoes, and have some type of salad with it. Of course there will be the staple of the table at this time of year....cucumbers and if I pick enough beans at some point today, I will cook those as well.

Joy today is in knowing that my pantry and freezers will be stocked up for the winter very soon.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mona50

Post by mona50 »

FCL - great "lightbulb moment" to put the dry food in your bedroom.. I hope Pippi will possibly eat more and also not wake you at 4 - 5 a.m. :D