Anyone else’s stores having tp shortage again?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Anyone else’s stores having tp shortage again?

Post by alliesmama4 »

Things were pricey but Office Max had hand sanitizer, masks, and paper towels when I was going there for my computer repair. The bottles of hand sanitizers were big but I found a small empty bottle at Dollar General for $1.00 to use to carry it in my purse.
Janet Alliesmama

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Plenty of TP at Food Lion today, although much of it was strange brands and a fair amount was made for the Latin American market. Paper towels seemed to be picked over this week.

I hit the jackpot and scored two bottles of Swan 70% isopropyl alcohol, the first I have seen since March. Food Lion must have just gotten it in because there was plenty. Purchases were limited to two per customer.
Mackie

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

As I recall when we went on Pause here in Westchester, it took almost 6 weeks before the store shelves started showing a quantity of almost anything. The shelves were truly sparse. It took about 3-1/2 months before the shelves began looking more normal. Still some things are hard to find. The store closest to me has limited rice, pasta, noodles and especially canned soups. You still can't find yeast. You can get toilet paper and paper towels but are limited to a quantity of 2 (stock still hasn't recovered), the same with frozen pizza, vegetables and french fries. The meat cases are back to looking normal but beef prices are through the roof ($5.99 a lb. just for 80%).

The grocery stores stopped printing their weekly flyers for close to 2 months and then came back with a two-side page around mid-April. It wasn't until middle or end of May when the flyers started looking like flyers again but there were no real "sale" items until about a month ago.

We only got hand sanitizer back 2 weeks ago, but you can't find any type of spray "cleaning" product be it Lysol or Clorox at least not in my Stop and Shop. I don't go to Shop Rite that often but they showed signs of being stocked better almost a month sooner than Stop and Shop.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I was out over the weekend.
Walmart, about 8AM had store-brand bleach as well and a few bottles of Lysol liquid spray. They had TP and paper towels.

At Kroger yesterday, I found small bottles of hand sanitizer, I remembered to look at canned tomato products and those were ample as were beans. But their shelves of cleaning supplies were pretty empty.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:19 am
Things were pricey but Office Max had hand sanitizer, masks, and paper towels when I was going there for my computer repair. The bottles of hand sanitizers were big but I found a small empty bottle at Dollar General for $1.00 to use to carry it in my purse.
Staples had masks, hand sanitizer and some hand sanitizer wipes on its website. They're offering free delivery right now, too.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

We have been able to get hand sanitizer for awhile now. But lots of Canadian Breweries decided to switch over half their production to this for awhile. Yeast, flour, wipes, and sprays are in short supply. Once in awhile I see them and even if they are not on my list I grab them. Meat products were limited to two packages of anything for awhile, and there are still no rainchecks on sale meat items. It is funny what is missing on the shelves at times. Since about a month into the pandemic we had toilet paper and paper towels.